Web video usage – some interesting statistics regarding the impact of website video on visitors…
Web video usage statistics…
- Online website video is the fastest growing ad format in 2012 with nearly 55% growth. (eMarketer, January 2012)
- When a website video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer, 2012)
- Product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decisions, citing a 9x increase in retail video views at the start of the 2011 holiday season. (MediaPost, 2012)
- According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed website video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards, 2012)
- Internet Retailer reports that shoppers who viewed website video on Stacks and Stacks product pages were 144% more likely to add to cart than other shoppers. (Internet Retailer, March 2011).
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer, April 2010) Continue reading